Local residents are planning to protest tomorrow against the District Commissioner office,they’re citing rampant corruption and poor public delivery services.
These are some of their complaints;
1. There is a bridge that links Mzimba town and Chanthomba (commonly) known as Mzimbamubi’s,it is near a coffin workshop. It is believed the money allocated to this bridge has been misused by the council.
2. Mzimba Has two hospitals the old and new,the old one has been given to the business community to do renovations and to be running trading services without consultation with the community.
3. Mzimba Airport has been sold and the beneficiaries are the same working people at DCs office. Not community.
4. The Asians of non Malawian origins should do business in cities.
5. Mismanagement of K52 million by the council
6. Mzimba Depot is owned by Mulli Brothers Limited,the question is why should it not be given to locals of Mzimba boma?
7. The well known issue is the location of roads in Mzimba, the situation in the location is worse now. Only in town was attended by cleaning the drainage.
Chanthomba, chinkusa and Mbc are notable locations without drainage system and no tarmac.
8. Unfair sharing of residential and commercial plots e.g the Anvil land.
9. Traffic police get K10 000 from taxi operators in town, the community needs clarification on the uses of those monies.
Our reporter is on the ground.We shall keep you updated.